If you have extra time this weekend, I know not all of us do, check out this section of the Caesarstone website. It gives you the opportunity to design a kitchen using some of their stones. I think it is a great way to help people visualize their dream kitchen. It also gives you the ability to get creative and get some ideas for your own home. If you are not interested in remodeling or building it is a great way to preoccupy yourself.
Have you heard of the Houzz app/website? We love this website/app. The Houzz website/app is a home design and remodeling platform that assists people in finding products or ideas. By connecting designers, homeowners, and professionals from around the world individuals can become inspired about their next project.
How does is work:
- Search a database of photos to get ideas, and then add them to an “ideabook” where you can store the ideas with notes.
- Connect with professionals. Find a professional that you can relate to and connect with them to ask questions about their work.
- “Increase your expose”- “Homewoners can turn their ideas into reality” by communicating them to professionals.
- Helps with clients – Houzz helps to create an ideabook to show clients
CaesarStone is an engineered stone that we have been selling. It has many of the same characteristics as granite. Such as the durability of the stone. You can place hot items directly on the counter top, it does not chip or crack easily, and it is easy to clean. However, one of the disadvantages of the stone is the lack of natural beauty. BUT, movement and lack of control is not for everyone. In the larger cities CaesarStone is dominating the markets due to its contemporary characteristics. CHECK IT OUT!
** This picture was taken from the CaesarStoneUS website.**
What are the benefits of using granite? Granite has been around since the beginning of time, and has proven to be a durable surface.
Here are a list of the benefits of granite:
- Natural Beauty- Every stone is different
- Does not stain
- Can cut directly on it- No need to use a cutting board
- Easy to clean
- Resistant to heat- Food can go straight from the oven directly to the counter
Granite is used throughout many restaurants due to durability.
Now that the home show is over, it would be great to get an idea of what everyone thought. Roughly 30,000 people attended this years event, and I am assuming everyone has an opinion. Even if it is just the layout of the home show, favorite house, or the latest trends that can be seen throughout the event.
Many of the houses were patio homes, which is becoming very popular. If people are not aware there is a tax advantage of owning a patio, which is roughly a 40% tax break. So I am curious as to everyone opinion on the event.